Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design

Scratch Games




Use arrow keys to move in chase. Use arrow keys to move in platformer and spacebar to jump. In freedom use f and j to fight the slime h to heal and use r and u to attack the ghoul.

In scratch I made the game above. It was made in scratch, and was pretty difficult. The user experience was a very important factor  in making this game. One of my friends said it would be cool if the dragon changed when it touched your character. And also a few people said the movement was very cluncky  and I agreed so i changed the movement to slide to make it smoother. Also since we were trying not to make it losable but I was unable so you can lose. Many things affected the game based on the experience of players.

There are several features in my game that my game has. Such as a gravity engine in my platformer or costume changes in my platformer. In my chase game there is no gravity however there is in my platformer. In my chase game there is no levels unlike my platformer game. The platformer game is more complex than my chase for the chase game has a much simpler code. I honestly prefer the platformer over the chase comment down below your favorite game.

One of my most difficult bug fixes was probably recreating my gravity engine after I accidentally deleted the gravity engine. Also I had to try to figure out a fair time for the game. The code on the right looks semi-simple but this was just the timer code, I had to do some crazy stuff guys. One other bug that took me a while to fix was that when I tried to use the paint bucket tool for the flag it would paint the entire screen. This stumped me for several hours and I was so confused but I had a hole in my sprite so I had to re-draw the flag. So yeah this is the last school post for a while because winter break is coming and also last Thursday was my birthday and I turned eleven, So i will be posting minor updates but see you guys at the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment